Welcome to the Morning Briefing for 10th of May 2012, where we highlight the tech stories from across the web that broke while you were sleeping and what we are watching here at techgeek.com.au.
Here’s what we are watching:
- Apple have released Lion 10.7.4 to consumers. This update features many improvements and, shall we say, ‘bug fixes’. According to Engadget, this update also seems to includes the FileVault security issue.
- The Google+ iOS app has received a rather comprehensive update. Well, total redesign. The app now looks quite nice, though I’m only speaking from the screenshots in the attached article. I’m not too sure whether this will increase the usage of the currently failing social network, but it certainly looks good!
- Microsoft have filed a patent for a pressure sensing controller. This controller will be able to identify users based on their hand pressure signature. Now that sounds interesting! Next Xbox here we come.
- Eric Migicovsky, the creator the Pebble e-ink watch, hosted an Ask Me Anything (AMA) on reddit to answer some questions about the device. Hardware wise, there will be no changes to the watch before it is released. Migicovsky and his team are currently working on getting the software preped for release. It was also said that Windows Phone support will not be included because of the lack of “Bluetooth SPP API’s”.
- Finally, if you were hanging out for the new edition of Bioshock, you’d better be patient. The release date has been pushed back to the 26th of Feb next year. The reasoning behind this, “to make the game even more extraordinary.” Well that is the wrap-up of the 10th of May.