Apple have this morning released iOS 7.1 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Featuring a refined UI, faster animations, major bug fixes, CarPlay support, and improved responsiveness on some older devices, it’s a welcome update that finally brings back some of the snappiness we lost with iOS 7.
The full changelog includes:
- CarPlay support.
- New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s devices.
- Improved performance on the iPhone 4.
- Refined UI, including a change to more rounded UI elements in the phone dialer and ‘slide to turn off’ screens, as well as an improved keyboard.
- Bugfixes, including a fix for the random reboot problems primarily faced by iPhone 5s users
- The ability to control how long Siri listens for, by holding down the home button while you speak.
- A more natural Australian Siri voice.
- Refreshed month view in the Calendar app.
The update is available via the Settings app, and users should be automatically notified of the update in the coming days.